Staying Safe With The Beacon
Coronavirus ( Covid-19)
Last updated June 25th, 2020
The Beacon Hotel
At the Beacon Hotel, we take pride in our five diamond boutique service, and will continue to do so by taking responsible actions to stop the spread of COVID-19, and protecting our people and all who choose to stay with us. Importantly, it also means continuing to offer a comforting and enjoyable experience to our guests, and a safe workplace for our employees.
As we look ahead to the future of hospitality and travel, we are implementing full-scale enhancements to our already stringent cleaning procedures through our health and safety initiative.
Miami-Dade Safety Guidelines
As we continue to adhere to the Miami Dade county COVID-19 guidelines, we would like to share with your our guidelines among visiting our property:
* Any violation of the City's Emergency Measures may subject the individual to arrest and criminal prosecution pursuant to Section 26-36 and Section 1-14 of the City Code.
- A ‘monitoring/response’ team involving members of each relevant department will convene and evaluate the health status of hotel staff each morning.
- Staff members will report any observations of any guests that are exhibiting signs of COVID-19.
- Guests will be advised to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from other groups of people not traveling from the same household while standing in lines, using elevators or moving around the property.
- Employees will be reminded not to touch their faces and to practice physical distancing by standing at least six feet away from guests and other employees whenever possible. All outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Staff and guests must wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers the nose and the mouth. Guests must adhere to wearing their masks in public areas. (CDC guidelines now recommend that people wear cloth face coverings when they are in public settings). Both staff and guests will be informed that wearing a face covering does not eliminate the need for social distancing and proper hand hygiene.
- Guests must not gather in any area of the hotel in groups larger than 10 and must follow CDC’s social distancing guidelines.
The Beacon Initiative :
- On a rotational basis we are cleaning and disinfecting our bathrooms, common areas, and frequently touched surfaces including and not limited to our elevator buttons, staircase handrails, lobby door handle, and receptions with hospital grade disinfectants.
- Disinfecting wipes are available in our lobby, as well as hand sanitizer dispensers.
- We will be providing the necessary tools to our housekeeping staff including a electrostatic sprayer, and thermal kiosk reader in efforts to continue in following the CDC, and W.H.O suggestions on maintaining a clean and healthy environment.
- We have enhanced and modified our guest standards to assist in social distancing, and to minimize contact towards frequently touched surfaces, as well as wearing gloves when applicable.
- Our team is receiving ongoing briefings to ensure we are fully aware and knowledgeable regarding the virus spreading.
Voucher Program for all reservations from April 30th - May 31st.
Guest who chooses to enroll in our Voucher program will receive:
- A credit voucher valid for one year,
Plus, added bonuses:
- Upgrade to next higher room type
- Reservations worth between $500 to $1000, will be entitled to receive an extra $50 credit.
- Reservation worth $1000 or more, will be entitled to receive an extra $100 credit.
- 20% added value!
*Important information* -
The hotel is subject to local law in which we operate. Therefore, government legislation and regulations may supersede this policy in specific circumstances. (Including the type and timing of the refund).
If you cancel a reservation which required a deposit or payment in advance, we will do everything we can to process your refund as quickly as possible. All cancellations done between April 30th - May 31st, may experience up to a 90 day delay for the hotel to process from the date of cancellation. Reservation may be changed without fees but may result in different pricing.